Second Opinions Matter
What’s a second opinion?
A second opinion is when a patient seeks out additional information from a doctor after having already received a diagnosis and recommendation for treatment from a previous doctor.
Why are second opinions important?
Seeking a second opinion from an experienced team is one of the best ways you can ensure you are receiving the most accurate diagnosis and recommended treatment plan. A second opinion makes a crucial difference in your options and how treatment is approached. Dr. Bolourian and Dr. Jin Eslami will be happy to provide you with their expert opinion about many oral surgery, maxillofacial surgery and periodontics procedures you may have considered. Our highly-qualified team is specialized in these areas and diagnose and treat patients based on the expertise of their training and experience.
When should I get a second opinion?
Like making a major decision in any other area of your life, you usually do not rely on just one source of information. Seeking out as many details as possible is being a good consumer of your medical care. As you weigh your options, we realize that you are depending on experts to guide in deciding what the best possible treatment is for you. You may want to get a second opinion when:
- You receive a major diagnosis, such as oral cancer.
- The dental work you have had done has not been resolved.
- You are unsure of the necessity of a prescribed treatment.
- You lack confidence in the qualifications of the doctor.
- You are uncomfortable with the rapport you have with your doctor.
- You have any doubts about anything you’ve heard.
What are the most common second opinion questions asked?
- I saw my dentist, and he recommended to remove my wisdom teeth. Is that the right thing to do?
- My dentist informed me that I need to remove my tooth, because it is fractured. Is that accurate?
- I saw a doctor for my TMJ and he recommended surgery. Do I need surgery for my TMJ condition?
- Why should I get dental implants?
- Is it necessary to remove my teeth?
- Why do I need periodontal surgery?
- Do I really loose my teeth if I don’t receive gum treatment?
- Why should I have gum grafting procedure? My dentist told me I need it.
How do I go about getting a second opinion?
Drs. Bolourian and Eslami would be happy to provide you with a second opinion. Simply fill out the form below, and we will contact you at our earliest convenience!